Saturday, January 27, 2007

........dammit!

OK , so this is a good example of what NOT to do ; ...I drew this up in the sketchbook and did'nt hate it. So I lightboxed the rough onto another sheet of paper to clean up. While doing this I moved the human looking guy to the right , thinking t would give the pic a little more depth.

So I proceed to clean it up and apply my usual crappy inking and it is'nt until I'm finished that I realize the compositional mistakes I've made ; the biggest being the almost exact stance the two figures have , their legs and even the swords are parallel ! And it does'nt help that my blacks are a little too busy in places.....why did I even bother? ( you don't have to answer that , I'm more or less asking myself)

And yes, I just got back from a local comic convention where I witnessed some very talented individuals who don't suck anywhere as much as I .....it's doing wonders for my self-esteem....

I hope to post a fixed version soon, if I don't chop off my hand in frustration first......

3 comments:

Tom said...

You might be a bit rough on yourself. Consider it a lesson learned. Onward and Upward. There are plenty more drawings to do. Don't fix it.

rory said...

Oh , I'm not fixing this one .I've washed my hands of it! I just wanted to redo one that did'nt look so bad !

minty_eye said...

The girls arse is nice though...